I’m alive, I promise!!! These last few days have been busier than busy. But I have been eating some amazing meals, trust me.
Coming up later I’ll show you my take on Angela’s Pumpkin Scones, but right now I’ll share my recipe for Pumpkin Flax Crusted Tofu.
Yes. I have been eating a lot of pumpkin in the past few days. And tomorrow I plan to drink my first of MANY pumpkin spice lattes.
And I ran six miles on Monday. What what?!
You will need
1/2 block of lite tofu (I love Nasoya)
1/4 cup pumpkin
1/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup flax
cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, curry powder
agave nectar, to taste
salt and pepa
1. Preheat oven to around 375. Press tofu or just dry it out. I need to invest in a tofu press, because the sogginess is getting old.
2. Mix pumpkin, almond milk, and a dash of all spices in small bowl. Mix flax and dash of spices in another bowl.*
3. Dip tofu one slice at a time in first the pumpkin mixture, then the flax mixture. This is messy work, but that’s what soap and water is for!
4. Spray a sheet with cooking spray, place tofu on sheet along with whatever you’re serving on the side (as you can see, I did brussels sprouts and parsnip fries).
5. Bake for around 15 minutes or until you can touch the coating and it’s turned into a crust.
6. Salt and pepper the crap out of it, then drizzle agave nectar over the slices. Use a light hand; you don’t want it to be like a syrup coating.
*BE LIBERAL with your dashes. The one thing I didn’t like about this dish was that the flavors weren’t very vivid. Next time, I will be sure to really put a lot of spice in the dips.
I will probably be making this a lot. Along with pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. And pumpkin scones. And pumpkin bread.
I will be turning into a pumpkin.