Gah, just realized it’s been almost a week since I last posted! What is the matter with me???
I haven’t really been eating anything of special note, except for an egg-white omelette I made on Saturday night with fig jam and goat cheese. That was pretty spectacular if I do say so myself. Pictures and recipes will be going up tomorrow…I have my camera, but not the cable to connect it to my laptop…and I’m a lazy bum tonight. I don’t have any homework, shockingly!
Ever since the apple-crisp debacle of last weekend, I have been feeling…well, off. I think my body was in a sugar hangover all last week. Add to that my reliance on late dinners, therefore racing into the house and stuffing my face until I was full, I couldn’t even get my act together to go on a 4 mile run last Friday, instead I ran 2 miles on the treadmill and did another 20 minutes on the elliptical, and even that was enough to make me feel like I’d been run over! It’s taken me only until about this morning to really feel like I’d kicked everything out of my system.
So this week I’m going to try and implement some new measures in my diet, and see how that works. I am perfect the way I am, but my eating could be improved to really bump up my overall health.
1. STOP. COUNTING. CALORIES. This is driving me nuts. I stopped logging in everything I was eating around May, but my stomach problems caused me to start logging them again because I would get so sick I wouldn’t eat anything, and I needed to make sure I was eating enough. Now, I’m getting a bit dependent on it when I really don’t need to be anymore.
2. Eat more veggies and stop eating sugary stuff for lunch, especially before class.
3. Drink more water and stop drinking so much coffee. School is seriously gotten me addicted to coffee again, so I need to kick the habit or at least cut down, as it dehydrates me.
4. More Green Monsters if the weather permits!
5. Eat more fats. That was making me feel amazing about two weeks ago, and I’ve gotten away from it.
6. STOP COUNTING CALORIES. Seriously. It’s gotten to that annoying, compulsive point again and I really hate doing it. I need to start trusting myself and my body and just eating when I need to.
In the meantime, enjoy this bowl of Pumpkin Oatmeal I made on Friday morning as a ‘recovery’ bowl after Lady GaGa blew apart my eardrums on Thursday night.
|1/2 c oat bran, water, walnuts, maple syrup, raisins|