How dare you.
No. Seriously. Take a second and breathe this in.
How dare you.
J’accuse, POTUS. J’accuse.
I accuse you of the following crimes.
- Failing to release your tax returns, which obviously just gives everyone in the country the impression that you fucked your taxes like Tory Lane. The people who voted for you didn’t give a shit because you played into their fears and anxieties. The fear of econoimic instability, despite the economy being in the best shape it’s in since the 2008 financial crisis. You played into their innate inner xenophobia, their ability to dismiss misogyny and rape culture, and their ultimate fear of being left behind in the equality wave. When all you’ve known is privilege (and even if you’re poor and white, you still experience white privilege), equality feels like oppression. You played into that, and fooled the right people, and as a result, those people are going to suffer the absolute most.
- Being completely incapable of human empathy. Sure, you parade around your wife, Melania, like she’s some kind of show pony, and you claim to have good relationships with your children, but Barron looked terrified, your wife looks like she hates you, and Ivanka is probably just tolerating you until you die and she takes over your empire (which at this point is probably just one jagged-edged Trump Wines bottle filled with your own piss). Your lack of any regard for others showed in Day three of your presidency, when you reinstated the global gag order aka the Mexico Law, which punishes organizations abroad for dealing with abortion. You are going to kill thousands of women in your Presidency. Which I suppose you would think is a bad thing considering you can’t grab a dead woman’s pussy. (Then again, I wouldn’t put it past you to try.)
- Reordering the construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline, a project that will weaken the lands of thousands of Native peoples. The water protectors will resist you in every way they can, and know that the entire nation has their back. Passing executive orders just to spite the people who were here first makes you look like even more of a child.
- ADMITTING TO SEXUAL ASSAULT ON TAPE AND FACING NO CONSEQUENCES FOR IT (ALTHOUGH GOD FORBID WE ALLOW BILLY BUSH TO SHOW HIS FACE)
- Making the entire country so obsessed with a woman’s fucking emails that we voted into office the most unqualified, idiotic, myopic, temperamental, foolish, nuke-happy, fascist-wannabe, Berlusconi bunga-bunga emulating shitgibbon to ever hold the office of the Presidency.
- Going through with your promise to cut down on immigration from Muslim-majority countries. Now, I’m not a Muslim, but I am the daughter of an immigrant to this country, who came here just forty years removed from a time in which Congress was seriously debating passing a bill that would formally make the argument Italians were mentally inferior humans. My Nonna hid from the Nazis in the mountains of Italy. She had to run from her home, leaving behind her mother, not knowing if she would ever go back again. She’s the best human being I know. And, by the way? She hates you. She’s known men like you her entire life, and she hates you.
- Repealing parts of the Affordable Care Act, aka Obamacare, including stripping the coverage for preexisting conditions. I have ADHD, inattentive type, and while I do not use medication for it right now, I might need to in the future. I do, however, take Prozac for depression and anxiety, and without the coverage I’m afforded through the ACA, who knows if I would be here right now.
I am disgusted as as an immigrant’s daughter, as a feminist, as a pro-choice advocate, as an LGBTQ ally, as a HUMAN, and as an American. You are everything we are taught to despise about America, and you played into the country’s worst misogynist and xenophobic tendencies and it was a gamble that paid off.
The sad thing is, I knew you would win, because you can’t argue with people’s feelings, and you took the feelings of the heartland and put a mouthpiece to them.
There are people who voted for you even though they don’t like literally everything about your personality. But that showcases their privilege, too. They were able to look past all of that. Well, I can’t. I won’t. I refuse.
My Nonna didn’t hide from Nazis and flee to America for a better life just so her granddaughter, whose middle name is her first name, would lay back and let fascists do whatever the hell they wanted to her country. She would want me to fight, to never back down.
If I were capable, I would drive my ass down to the White House right now, chain myself to the fence, and sing “We Shall Overcome” at the top of my goddamn lungs until someone came out to arrest me.
Or maybe they wouldn’t arrest me. I’m white, after all. The new laws you want to push through would make it easier for cops to arrest people of color for protesting. So maybe I need to get louder to make up for all of my brothers and sisters of color who are being unfairly persecuted just for their desire to be seen.
In conclusion, President Trump, I do not hope you have a successful Presidency. That will just breed more opportunity for assholes like you to take office. I hope you fail. I hope you fail so utterly, so spectacularly, that you are impeached and driven out of office by July. I hope there are protests every single weekend. I’ll go to all of them.
4.5. million people marched in unity and love against you on Saturday. There are more rallies planned for February 11th (to protect Planned Parenthood) and April 15th (the day we will demand you release your tax returns). We aren’t going anywhere. We are pissed off, and ready to fight.
I am as mad as hell, and I’m not going to take it anymore. Because we will win. We are the majority. You have zero mandate.
God bless America, and God Bless all who resist.
Liberty will always win. Remember that, President Trump.
There have always been men like you, and men like you always lose.